Job Title: Planning Manager
For A Leading Company specialized in pre-press, printing, and binding of soft- and hard-cover books, magazines and corporate products including annual reports, calendars, brochures and catalogues.
The Planning Manager is responsible for making sound decisions, achieving targets, and guiding the planning staff in accordance with the policies and objectives of the organization.
Assist in the establishment and ensure compliance of the operational unit’s short-term and long-term goals with overall corporate objectives. Should strive to achieve the goals and targets of the company to the best of his abilities.
The Planning Manager is responsible for developing and implementing production plans for an offset printing company. This includes developing schedules and managing inventory.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Include the following, other duties that may be assigned:
• Managing the planning team and ensuring the checking and approving of all job orders for the paper, plates, and any other material.
• Develop and implement production plans for the entire production process from pre-press to post-press & packaging that meet customer requirements, production capacity, and budget constraints.
• Analyze production data to identify areas where improvements can be made.
• Establishes manpower needs based on sales forecast and order history; monitors performance against plan on regular basis and adjusts accordingly.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, graphic arts, print management, or a related field
• Graduate from GUC, MIU, AASTMT
• 10+ years’ experience in production planning in a manufacturing or printing environment with 100+ employees.
• Strong leadership and management skills and demonstrates competence in the areas of management, organizational effectiveness, and productivity measurements.
• Ability to work independently without direct supervision and as part of a team
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - especially excel
• Strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
• Negotiation/consultation skills